2010 PORTER RACING HONDA CR250R

2010 PORTER RACING HONDA CR250R

2000 HONDA CR125R

2000 HONDA CR125R

2004 HONDA CR250R

2004 HONDA CR250R

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Own Riding Experience

Despite my infatuation with Honda motorcycles since 1999, I'm not ingorant to the advantages and disadvantages of each of the "Big Five" two-stroke bikes.

I got my first bike in September of 1999, a trusty 2000 Honda XR200R. I loved riding with my brothers and cousins - all of which were on Honda XR's - and we couldn't get enough of it.

But after a year of consistently bottoming out on jumps, my brother and I decided a bike with better suspension was required. We both invested in 2000 Honda CR125Rs, and that's when we gained a deep appreciation for motocross.

I recognize only two of the "Big Five" still manufacture two-strokes (KTM and Yamaha), though KTM is the only one that still holds true to updating and refining their machines. I also believe that those two companies understand the importance of maintaining a distinction in their products.

Please remember the irreplaceable history and niche two-strokes have in motocross - then
and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment